A Non-Surgical Treatment for Vaginal Tightening to Improve Bladder Control and Sexual Function
As a woman ages, she can develop vaginal laxity and loss of pelvic floor strength for a number of reasons. The common causes for these changes are childbirth, menopause, weight fluctuations or hormone shifts. The loosening of the muscles in the vaginal wall and pelvic floor can lead to a host of issues, including a loss of sexual pleasure, decrease in sensation, and incontinence. We are now proud to offer a clinically-proven, nonsurgical female rejuvenation treatment for vaginal laxity with little to no downtime.
Unlike other vaginal rejuvenation treatments, Viveve is the only treatment that uses algorithmically-controlled cooling to distribute energy evenly across vaginal tissue for optimal treatment.
Vaginal Laxity and decreased pelvic floor muscle function can also be caused by hormone imbalances, specifically low testosterone.
We recommend that Viveve patient also considered having testosterone levels tested. We know the importance of hormone balance for sexual health, so as an added benefit for our patients, we offer a simple in-office blood test free of charge.
When the lab results are available, a provider will review the results with you. There is no obligation, the results are private, and there is no additional cost.
Our clinicians also recommend that all Viveve patients consider pairing their treatment with injectable PRP. This PRP treatment is a very specific method of using blood-derived growth factors to rejuvenate the vagina. Ask your provider about adding on PRP during your consultation!
Commonly Asked Questions
Am I a Fit for Viveve?
If you are experiencing the following, you may be a candidate for the Viveve treatment:
- Tampons feel like they are slipping out
- Vagina feels loose during intimacy
- Decrease in physical sensation during intimacy
- Feeling of air flowing from your vagina
- Stress or urge incontinence
- Bladder leakage during exercise
What is vaginal laxity?
- Vaginal tissue is made up of collagen fibers, just like skin. Over time, collagen can lose its strength and shape, creating a feeling of looseness (laxity), especially around the vaginal opening. Common causes of vaginal laxity include childbirth, other physical stress on the tissue, aging, genetic pre-disposition and lifestyle.
How common is vaginal laxity?
- Vaginal laxity is an extremely common medical condition. A Viveve-sponsored survey of U.S. OB/GYN physicians revealed that vaginal laxity is the number one physical change that they see or their patients report following vaginal delivery; more common than weight gain, incontinence, or stretch marks. In a survey of more than four hundred women in the U.S. who had vaginal deliveries, nearly half reported some level of concern with vaginal laxity.
When will I start to see results?
- Patients will start to see results in as soon as three weeks, with peak results in six months.
Will I need to be treated again?
- We suggest that patients retreat once a year to maintain results.
Is there any downtime?
- There is little to no downtime! Patients can exercise, be intimate, and go about their normal lives immediately following treatment.
How long does the treatment take?
- The treatment takes roughly an hour to an hour and a half to complete.
What does the treatment feel like?
- The treatment feels like a warm sensation.
Can I get the Viveve treatment while pregnant?
- Patients need to be six-weeks post-partum to be eligible for the Viveve treatment.
From a Man’s Perspective
Husband of a Viveve treatment patient
My wife and I are in our early 40s, married 14 years and have 4 children. I never thought of our intimacy as being problematic. We had just grown comfortable with each other, with each other’s bodies. When she first heard about the Viveve Procedure, she mentioned it to me in a quiet conversation. I hadn’t realized that she was self conscious about what 4 vaginal births had done to her body. She felt like things weren’t as tight “down there.” I had not known this, but she also told me that she leaked a little during exercise, something she couldn’t control. She told me that’s why she only wears black exercise pants! After some research and a consultation, we decided to try it! She had the procedure done – only 45 minutes walk-in to walk-out. She had no discomfort and left the clinic with a girlish smile on her face!
We are now a month-and-a-half out from the treatment. WOW! Starting about days 4-5 after treatment, both of us noticed a dramatic increase in moisture and lubrication. This caused us to almost giggle because it made the intimacy so much more enjoyable. It caused us both to have increased desire. She told me that she couldn’t remember when it felt this good! We started seeking out more opportunities for intimacy, something we hadn’t done in years! She has also noticed a dramatic increase in her urinary control during strenuous exercise. That made her ecstatic! I am noticing a tightening feeling and we haven’t even reached the point of maximal effect (practitioner said 90 days)!
All this to say we are more than pleased with our investment. We have reconnected in our marriage and found more pleasure in something we didn’t know could get any better!